This policy addresses how Allied Pediatrics uses, discloses and handles personal information that it collects and receives from the Allied Pediatrics Website and Patient Portal (collectively, the "Website"), including but not limited, to information which may be subject to the Privacy and Security Rules promulgated under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA"). For purposes of HIPAA compliance, however, this policy must be read in connection with Allied Pediatrics' HIPAA Manual and other policies
This policy applies only to Allied Pediatrics and information collected from its Website, and not to any third party. Further, this policy confers no rights or benefits to any third party with whom Allied Pediatrics might contract or enter into arrangements for provision of services, except to the extent expressly agreed in writing otherwise.
To take action on your end to protect information provided through the Website, Allied Pediatrics recommends that you review these practical tips to help you guard against internet fraud and otherwise secure your computer and personal information.
To review Allied Pediatrics' Notice of Privacy Practices outlining measures adopted in accordance with HIPAA, click here.
Allied Pediatrics collects, uses and discloses your personal information to:
- Administer the Website;
- Enable your access to and use of services provided through the Website;
- Make appointments and/or obtain prescriptions through this Website;
- Supply to you products that you purchase through this Website;
- Send to you statements and invoices for services and/or products
- Communicate with your care provider(s);
- Collect payments from you for services and/or products; and provided;
- Send you marketing communications.
Allied Pediatrics through this Website automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, cookie information (as more specifically outlined below), and software and hardware attributes of your computer. As detailed below, Allied Pediatrics utilizes safeguards to protect the integrity and confidence of such information.
In addition, some of the information we collect and use will qualify as Protected Health Information under HIPAA. To the extent information collected includes Protected Health Information, Allied Pediatrics complies with the requirements of the Privacy and/or Security Rules promulgated under HIPAA.
Allied Pediatrics has implemented safeguards to protect the integrity of the data collected and otherwise prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration of such information. Among other things, Allied Pediatrics has implemented the following safeguards:
- Information is collected and transmitted from secure web pages protected by SSL Certificate;
- Information is stored on secure servers and transmitted securely to those who have a need to know;
- Only authorized personnel with a need to know access such information
- System protections, including periodic backing-up of data, have been implemented or arranged to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorized access to such information; and
- All such information is properly disposed of after being maintained for periods required by law.
- Allied Pediatrics does not otherwise rent, sell or otherwise share personal information collected from this Website with any third party except under the following circumstances:
- a. Allied Pediatrics responds to subpoenas, court orders or legal process which compel the disclosure of such information as permitted under HIPAA, as applicable;
- b. When expressly required by governing law; or
- c. When necessary to obtain services but only pursuant to contracts that comply with HIPAA, as applicable, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to approved and limited purposes and require the use of safeguards to protect such information.
When Allied Pediatrics becomes aware that a child under age 13 is attempting to use this Website, Allied Pediatrics will ask the child to have a parent or guardian create an Allied Pediatrics account so that parental permission is properly obtained. Otherwise, this Website is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. In addition, there shall be no sharing of data relating to a child absent parental consent, except when required by law.
Allied Pediatrics may set access cookies on your computer. In addition, although currently there are no such third party advertisers, Allied Pediatrics may let other companies advertise on this Website and set their own cookies on your computer from this Website.
Allied Pediatrics uses web beacons to access its cookies inside and outside our network of Websites and in connection with products and services offered by Allied Pediatrics.
You can edit your Allied Pediatrics Patient Portal account information at any time. If you desire, you can delete your account by visiting the Patient Portal site. Please click here to read about information that might remain in our archive records after your account has been deleted.
Allied Pediatrics limits access to your personal information to employees or agents who we reasonably believe need contact with that information to provide services and/or products that you may order or require.
In addition, as stated above, Allied Pediatrics has adopted safeguards, including administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to insure that Protected Health Information and Sensitive Information is appropriately protected and only used or disclosed under proper circumstances.
If you have any questions, suggestions or wish to make a complaint, please email to email@example.com, or contact us at:
7405 Shallowford Road, Suite 270
Chattanooga, TN 37421-2662